Enhancing Postgraduate Supervision (EPS) Unit
This unit is aimed at all academic staff involved in post-graduate supervision. Completion of this course is one of the research-related probationary objectives for continuing academic staff (Lecturer B and above). EPS will be offered in Semester 2, beginning 30 July 2018.
Completion of the Enhancing Postgraduate Supervision unit is a Murdoch University requirement for all newly appointed continuing academic staff as part of their probation to confirmed continuing appointment.
On successful completion of the Enhancing Postgraduate Supervision unit participants should be able to;
- Understand the relevant university policies, legislation and codes of ethics that set the standards for all Murdoch University researchers and the supervision of student research projects.
- Know the key persons / functions across the university that support research activities and postgraduate supervision.
- Deliver on best practices in postgraduate supervision.
- Develop an on-going professional / career development plan for their postgraduate student.
- Support a diverse and inclusive research culture.
The program consists of five modules delivered over 10 weeks. EPS is a mixed delivery (on-line and face-to-face) unit that prepares the way for newly appointed supervisors by examining the theoretical and contextual components of Higher Degrees by Research supervision at Murdoch University.
Registration for this program available on the TCMS. Please enrol as soon as possible as there is a minimum number of participants required to run the program.
For more information please contact Denyse MacNish D.Macnish@murdoch.edu.au